The yCAM 2020 online forum will be an interactive conference with presentations, poster sessions, and coffee breaks! – whereby the presenters and participants will be able to interact with audio and video! yCAM 2020 will be organized in a virtual world called Gather Town (see https://gather.town/).
The access will be limited to the registered participants – the link and password will be communicated to the paid registered participants on Monday, 26th October, at the latest.
As said before, there will be coffee breaks where you will have the opportunity to chat with other conference participants and meet new people face-to-face! Coffee breaks will also offer private tables for conversations in closed groups, e.g., to discuss the publication or project proposals with your collaborators (including video chat and screen sharing).
Important technical details
• The Virtual World “Gather Town” only works with Google Chrome and Firefox.
• The conference content is not optimized for mobile devices; therefore, we recommend using Mac and Windows laptops/desktops to participate in or attend a live stage event.
• By entering the lecture theater in Gather Town, participants will be directed to a Zoom meeting for the individual lectures.
• Conference content will be available only to registered conference participants and will not be downloadable.
• By registering for the conference, the participants will agree to treat the content exactly as they would treat the in-person conference content and not to reproduce any part of the presented content without permission from the presenter.
• Technical support will be provided by the organizers in cases when help will be required with the use of the platform or video preparation.
• Please note that all times refer to the Belgian local time (CET – Central European Time).
A short video presenting "How to online conference with Gather Town" can be viewed here.
yCAM 2020 program:
Registration is open at the following link: https://ycam2020.exordo.com.
The registration fee is 60 € for all participants.
Advice for oral presenters:
Please see the subpage oral presentations.
Advice for poster presenters:
Please see the subpage poster presentations.
We thank JECS Trust for sponsoring the organization of the online event.
Prior to yCAM, DOC-3D-PRINTING will organize an ONLINE school for early stage AM researchers on October 26th-27th – for further details see here.
Guillaume Gentils (Toulouse INP)