Europe Makes Ceramics
yCAM 2022 - Location
The conference will take place in the Faculty of Economics and Business:
Aula Magna (Building 690)
Avinguda Diagonal, 690, 08034 Barcelona
The University of Barcelona (UB), founded in 1450, is a generalist, research oriented public university, with a strong incardination in the Catalan society.
The UB offers degrees in 73 different areas of teaching with numerous postgraduate and doctorate programs as well as continuing education courses. The UB manages an average of 150 European projects per year, for an average amount of about 8,6 million euro a year. The University of Barcelona is member of the League of European Research Universities (LERU) as an association of leading research-intensive universities that share the values of high-quality teaching within an environment of internationally competitive research.
The UB is one of the largest and most representative university in the country and it is ranked in the highest positions in Spain in nearly all international reviews. These conditions allow for a great diversity of programs in practically all fields of knowledge.
Barcelona is a European city with a strong sense of multiculturality and a proper feeling of democratic, participative and responsible citizenship. UB as a traditional and modern university combines the profound sense of mission and vision of Higher Education and is well suited to intertwine these values with our vibrant society.
The University of Barcelona is a leading university in Europe, with four cross-cutting missions: train future professionals, carry out high-level research, transfer knowledge to society and ensure that knowledge contributes to the well-being and progress of society.
Description of the Faculty:
The Faculty of Economics and Business is a leading centre for tuition in economics, business, sociology and statistics, and can claim to be the foremost faculty in these disciplines in Catalonia. It builds on the tradition established by the former Faculty of Economic and Business Sciences, which trained the first class of economics graduates in Catalonia (1954-1959), and the University School of Business Studies, which provided tuition to many generations of business and business science graduates following its creation in 1850. The two centres merged in July 2008 to form what is now the Faculty of Economics and Business.
The Faculty is particularly notable for:
- Quality bachelor's degree tuition in a wide range of subjects, focusing on strong, generalist preparation for professional life, in line with the principles of the European Higher Education Area.
- A commitment to internationalizing the learning experience, including a bachelor's degree and a master's degree taught entirely in English, and a range of bachelor's degree subjects with tuition in English.
- A focus on practical experience and entrepreneurial skills, offering students a variety of professional placement options and a unique collaborative working environment for the development of entrepreneurship projects.
- A broad range of postgraduate training options, preparing students for research and doctoral studies or leading to professional specialization.
- A commitment to international mobility options, with the widest selection of bachelor's degree exchange programmes of any Catalan university (through Erasmus placements with European partners, the BCA Study Abroad programme with the United States, and specific agreements with institutions in Latin America and Asia).
- Quality research, with 22 groups receiving the official support of the Government of Catalonia, some 200 researchers, and three specific structures to oversee its research activity: UB School of Economics, UB Business School and UB Sociology.
Contact us for any information: email@example.com - We will respond to your enquiry as soon as possible.